Gamecraic Irish Video Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Internet Speedtest

5 posters

Go down

Internet Speedtest Empty Internet Speedtest

Post by Colham Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:39 am

Hey guys, my connection has been slow lately with a lot of lag in multiplayer games, but as of last night my connection has been fine with no lag in any games. I'm on eircom who are bad for randomly having poor coonnections. Anyways I did a speedtest at http://www.speedtest.net/ and this was my result:

Internet Speedtest 726712467

Can some of you guys post your results so I can compare?

Colham
Admin

http://www.gamecraic.com

Back to top Go down

Internet Speedtest Empty Re: Internet Speedtest

Post by Eskkar Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:30 pm

I speed tested mine earlier i got this its in my sig mmm my sig is not showing weird

Internet Speedtest 727331620
Eskkar
Eskkar

Back to top Go down

Post by I The K Train I Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:44 am

Eskkar wrote:I speed tested mine earlier i got this its in my sig mmm my sig is not showing weird

29 MEG!!! Holy shit where are you, what provider are you with and what are you provisioned with (DSL, Cable, Fiber Optics)?

I'm on crappy DSL and can only muster a measly 3 Meg Sad

Last edited by I The K Train I on Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total
I The K Train I
I The K Train I

Back to top Go down

Post by Colham Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:53 am

Eskkar wrote:I speed tested mine earlier i got this its in my sig mmm my sig is not showing weird

Whoa!

Hey K Train, whats yours?

Colham
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by I The K Train I Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:26 am

I get roughly 3 Meg, am on DSL with Perlico. I will post it up later on. Stuck in work now till 7, some dose.
I The K Train I
I The K Train I

Back to top Go down

Post by Eskkar Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:31 am

I The K Train I wrote:

I'm on crappy DSL and can only muster a measly 3 Meg Sad

I'm with NTL (UPC) on a 30mb Cable line now was on 20mb got upgraded, Last week.
I'm in Dublin Milltown.
Thing is i was reading on the broads that people been having trouble with the connection, not getting the speeds they are supposed to be getting.
I never had that problem with them at all. always get what around the same speed and ping everytime i test it.
Eskkar
Eskkar

Back to top Go down

Post by I The K Train I Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:35 am

Eskkar wrote:I'm with NTL (UPC) on a 30mb Cable line now was on 20mb got upgraded, Last week.
I'm in Dublin Milltown.
Thing is i was reading on the broads that people been having trouble with the connection, not getting the speeds they are supposed to be getting.
I never had that problem with them at all. always get what around the same speed and ping everytime i test it.

Wow, impressive. NTL seems to be the way to go. At the moment I live in Tramore in Co. Waterford so NTL is not out my way yet, trying to get a move back into the city. Once I get there think I'll be hitting up NTL. I'm a chronic downloader so if I can get a 30 Meg speed I'll be some Download junkie :p
I The K Train I
I The K Train I

Back to top Go down

Post by Eskkar Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:42 am

I The K Train I wrote:
Wow, impressive. NTL seems to be the way to go. At the moment I live in Tramore in Co. Waterford so NTL is not out my way yet, trying to get a move back into the city. Once I get there think I'll be hitting up NTL. I'm a chronic downloader so if I can get a 30 Meg speed I'll be some Download junkie :p

I'm the same I download a Crap load always have. I been trying to stop as I hate not been able to go to the video store to rent a movie. Last time i went in I was annoyed i seen everything lol
Eskkar
Eskkar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eskkar Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:27 am

I The K Train I wrote:

I meant to say it earlier do a line test and see if you can get a higher speed you can test your line your self on the eircom home page and they will tell you what speed you will be able to hold. I do know that eircom has a 7mb package as well.
Eskkar
Eskkar

Back to top Go down

Post by I The K Train I Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:31 am

Eskkar wrote:I meant to say it earlier do a line test and see if you can get a higher speed you can test your line your self on the eircom home page and they will tell you what speed you will be able to hold. I do know that eircom has a 7mb package as well.

I am shoppiong around for a new provider Imagine broadband are promising me 7.2 Mbps, they say that my line can take 8 Mbps.

But Eircom are telling me that I can only take 3, I think I will go with imagine and I have it in writing if they try to screw me over.
I The K Train I
I The K Train I

Back to top Go down

Post by Eskkar Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:40 am

You need to be carefull as they will that you can get 8mb but in fact you can only have 3mb. best thing to do is do a line test your self and you will know how much the line can take. also take into account the distance you are from the nearest exchange to you as the further you are away the weaker the signal will get. max distance should be around 2.5km
Eskkar
Eskkar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailrewop Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:01 pm

im with eircom on 2mb and had some disaster with them for a good while. i started off with 1mb until i got a phonecall one day saying that i could switch to 2mb so i said yea but little did the sales rep or i know that my line could barley support 2mb. so for months i suffered with constant disconnections. before i knew the problem was that my line wasn't capable of a 2mb connection i rang up customer support saying how i get disconnected all the time and they went through all the stages with me i.e. reset/restart router, check your wires etc. fair enough and i did all that but heres the funny bit they asked me what color was the light on the router, i said green but i got a reply it should red. now for the happy ending, i decided to search for a fix and ended up finding a solution on another forum. it was firmware update for my router and it did the job. i rarely get a d/c now so happy days but i did get a phonecall before christmas asking if i wanted to upgrade to 3mb Laughing i politely declined.

Mailrewop

Back to top Go down

Post by I The K Train I Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:26 pm

Finally get to post up the speedtest.

Internet Speedtest 728012693
I The K Train I
I The K Train I

Back to top Go down

Post by NJC Omega Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:00 pm

Internet Speedtest 728044223

I'm with NTL also although I only have the 10Meg connection in college, it's still so much better than Eircom. Eircom really are shockingly bad for what they promise. I'm Eircom at home at weekends and I leave anything I need to download till I get to Galway on Mondays, there is such a huge difference.
NJC Omega
NJC Omega

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum