Gamecraic Irish Video Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

3 posters

Go down

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Empty Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Post by I The K Train I Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:57 pm

Well, Iv'e been posting like mad on the thread I made on boards about this. First about excitement and then disappointment (Sonic Tam announced they weren't doing it), and heading towards excitement (Sonic Team & Dimps doing it together).

I have to say I am a die hard Sonic fan love the franchise since I was a child and I must say I am eagerly awaiting the game. Hopefully it will be a real throw back to the good old days of Sonic.

Check the Blog section if you want the Full Story but here is the link to see the leaked gameplay.

http://www.gamecraic.com/?p=98

Sonic looks kind of slugish but from what I heard this is to rectified to make it look more like Sonic 3 and Sonic CD heres hoping Wink
I The K Train I
I The K Train I

Back to top Go down

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Empty Re: Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Post by Colham Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:15 pm

Yeah his running animation did seem very strange but I'm still really looking forward to it! Hope theres enough content in each episode and we don't get ripped off.

Seen as your a big sonic fan, I have a question. I want to get one of the classic Sonics on XBLA which one do you recommend?

Colham
Admin

http://www.gamecraic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by I The K Train I Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:25 pm

My Personal Favourite would be Sonic 3, but if you go with the vast majority they would pick Sonic 2. Both Excellent games never the less. My Recommendation is Sonic 3
I The K Train I
I The K Train I

Back to top Go down

Post by ScunerMac Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:28 am

I can't wait for this game. Hopefully it will finally be the game that all of us long for. I still play Sonic 1 & 2 to this day, and am really excited to see what these guys have in store for Sonic 4. My only worry is the fact that it is episodic. Why couldn't they just release it in full, instead of giving it to us piece by piece? My only conclusion is that they think they will earn more money this way.
ScunerMac
ScunerMac

Back to top Go down

Post by I The K Train I Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:01 am

For those who don't know what the Sonic the Hedgehog Universe is about. It's a bit lengthy but worth the read if you don't know the backround

Story thus far (directly from the Sega site):

Sonic the Hedgehog

Our hedgehog's tale begins as Sonic's animal friends start disappearing from South Island. Soon after, Sonic discovers that the evil scientist Dr. Eggman has been kidnapping them and turning them into robots - all as part of a plot to collect a legendary treasure known the Chaos Emeralds. Sonic decides it's up to him to save them, and embarks on a quest to free his friends. As Sonic and Eggman clash throughout many different zones, Sonic eventually pursues Eggman to the Final Zone, where the first in many epic battles between them begins. In the end, Sonic is victorious, and Eggman's mecha flies away badly damaged. A happy ending secured, Sonic returns to Green Hill Zone and reunites with his friends.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Their reunion is short lived, however, as Eggman resurfaces and begins kidnapping Sonic friends again, now in an effort to create more workers to finish the new plans for his ultimate weapon - the Death Egg! This time, Sonic has help in the form of a two-tailed fox named Miles ‘Tails' Prower, who dreams of one day going as fast as Sonic. Together, the two embark on a new mission through West Side Island in an effort to free their friends and ensure Eggman does not obtain the seven Chaos emeralds to fuel the Death Egg.

Once the West Side Island is freed, Sonic and Tails board the Tornado, take to the skies, and assault the Death Egg itself. After destroying Mecha Sonic, Eggman flees and enters his final trump card - a huge robot modeled after Eggman himself! After a heated battle, Sonic defeats Eggman one-on-one, and the Death Egg begins to explode.

Sonic The Hedgehog 3

Saved from his fall down to the planet by Tails, the two fly down and come across a mysterious island called Angel Island. Originally, the island was floating through the power of very precious stone called the Master Emerald, but the Death Egg's impact with the island itself sent it plummeting into the water. Sonic transforms into Super Sonic and begins to explore, but is suddenly attacked by a red Echidna named Knuckles - the guardian of the island, and of the Master Emerald itself.

Knuckles, tricked by Eggman into thinking that Sonic and Tails are the evil-doers out to steal the Master Emerald, pulls a cheap shot and steals the Chaos emeralds from Sonic. While Sonic and Tails are entangled by Knuckles, Eggman repairs the Death Egg and preps it for launch.

Sonic manages to jump on Death Egg just as it starts taking off. Here, Eggman returns to defeat Sonic through excessive force - but that force proves to be his own undoing. As Sonic defeats Eggman once more, the battle has already taken its toll on the Death Egg during a critical point of its launch, and the Death Egg plummets back to Angel Island.

Sonic & Knuckles

Back on the ground, Dr. Eggman has not given up yet, and begins to proceed with rebuilding the Death Egg. Feeling Knuckles has served his purpose, he sends EggRobo to eliminate this potential threat. EggRobo finds Knuckles relaxing in Mushroom Hill Zone - and attempts to eliminate him with a bomb - but Knuckles, whether through luck or toughness, survives the attack. Enraged, the wild Echidna sets off to defeat EggRobo. Meanwhile, Sonic and Tails explore the island to find traces of the Death Egg and discover Eggman's fate. After an epic showdown between Sonic and Knuckles, Eggman uses the opportunity to finally steal the Master Emerald and re-launch the Death Egg. With the power of the emeralds, Sonic goes after Eggman, who has now taken the Master Emerald into space.

As Knuckles finishes his showdown with Mecha Sonic, the real hedgehog chases Eggman through space, ultimately destroying his doomsday plans - with it, the Death Egg saga comes to a close.

Sonic and Tails secure the Master Emerald and return it to Knuckles on Angel Island. With its power restored, Angel Island lifts off into the sky as Sonic and Tails fly off into the sunset.

But this humiliating defeat only serves to further Eggman's rage, and he has determined once and for all to rid himself of Sonic. Eggman revisits - and improves - the very best of his creations to defeat our spiked hero.

And so a new Adventure begins...
I The K Train I
I The K Train I

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down