Gamecraic Irish Video Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing topple Mario Kart?

4 posters

Go down

Can Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing topple Mario Kart? Empty Can Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing topple Mario Kart?

Post by Colham Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:21 am

Can Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing topple Mario Kart?

Mario kart has defined itself as the kart racing game king, been the first of it’s kind it set the standard and many have tried to topple it, but have failed. Me and my friends still play Mario Kart a lot, it’s one of the reasons I still have my Wii, and i have the N64 Mario Kart on the Virtual Console, so that’s a lot to contend with. The newest challenger to Mario Kart’s throne is Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, developed by Sumo Digital, based in England. SASASR features Sonic, supporting characters from his games, and various other Sega characters such as AiAi from Super Monkey Ball, and Billy Hatcher from Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg. The Xbox 360 version also includes exclusive characters, Banjo-Kazooie and Xbox Avatars, while the Wii version contains Miis as exclusive characters.
So how can SASASR overtake Mario Kart? Well as the game isn’t out until next week and I’ve only played the Xbox demo, I’m only making some guesses and assumptions here, you can agree or disagree

Click Here for the full story...

Colham
Admin

http://www.gamecraic.com

Back to top Go down

Can Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing topple Mario Kart? Empty Re: Can Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing topple Mario Kart?

Post by NJC Omega Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:41 pm

Crash Team Racing FTW!!!

Seriously though I don't think Sonic will ever topple Mario Kart from the top of the kart racing genre. It's just got way too much history and a huge audience. I love the Sonic is going to bring this to the Xbox and Playstation though it really is about time there was a good fun filled kart racing game made for these two platforms. Especially after the disaster that was Madagascar Kartz. I think a rent is in order when it comes out and if it passes the test then I'll buy it. You really can't beat games like this for a group of friends messing about.
NJC Omega
NJC Omega

Back to top Go down

Can Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing topple Mario Kart? Empty Re: Can Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing topple Mario Kart?

Post by I The K Train I Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:07 am

2 Days away, getting great reviews. The future is looking good for Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing. Maybe extra tracks an characters in the future Smile.

I personally think that this game is going to be laugh out loud hilarity, I'm not bothered that you can't play Grand Prix online, If you get a versus match with 8 people going to be great fun.
I The K Train I
I The K Train I

Back to top Go down

Post by Colham Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:59 am

IGN gave it 8/10 which is good. Most reviewers are criticizing it as it been too much of a clone of Mario kart, but I think that’s great news! I won’t be playing it until Sunday though.

You may not be able to play Grand Prix online but from videos I’ve seen you can have custom races online, where you can choose the number of laps and weapons that appear, which I think is really cool. Plus you can have AI racers if there isn’t enough players. Can’t wait.

Colham
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eskkar Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:07 am

sounds good
i love mario cart from way back to the first one still play it on n64 with my mate.

Hopefully this one will be just as good
Eskkar
Eskkar

Back to top Go down

Post by NJC Omega Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:28 pm

Yep everything I've read so far has been highly positive. To be honest I wasn't expecting much, although it was Sega it sounded so much like an easy cash in copy but from what I've read it's better than just a copy. Did anybody buy it yet?
NJC Omega
NJC Omega

Back to top Go down

Post by I The K Train I Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:08 am

The Harvey Normans in Waterford have them stocked today, so it's a day early. Thankfully one of my mates is going to pick it up for me an I'll nab it on the way home
I The K Train I
I The K Train I

Back to top Go down

Post by Colham Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:23 am

I The K Train I wrote:The Harvey Normans in Waterford have them stocked today, so it's a day early. Thankfully one of my mates is going to pick it up for me an I'll nab it on the way home

Your so lucky, I won't be playing mine till Sunday, I'll be away at the weekend.

Colham
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eskkar Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:46 am

Well at least you will get to play over the weekend i not going to play anything. at all
Eskkar
Eskkar

Back to top Go down

Post by Colham Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:08 am

Eskkar wrote:Well at least you will get to play over the weekend i not going to play anything. at all

Are you picking this up too?

Colham
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eskkar Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:56 am

Probably most likely.
Eskkar
Eskkar

Back to top Go down

Post by I The K Train I Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:59 am

Excellent we can meet up an kick ass in what is bound to be a fun game Smile, will let ye all know what it's like when I get home later.
I The K Train I
I The K Train I

Back to top Go down

Post by NJC Omega Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:10 pm

Looking forward to seeing how people find it as at the moment I'm not going to be buying it for another few weeks unless people say it's a must buy!
NJC Omega
NJC Omega

Back to top Go down

Post by Colham Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:56 pm

I The K Train I wrote:Excellent we can meet up an kick ass in what is bound to be a fun game Smile, will let ye all know what it's like when I get home later.

Do and then we can post it on the blog!

Colham
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by I The K Train I Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:06 pm

Wow, just wow. The game is pure awesome. Won my first cup there with my Avatar. it's the best damn Mario Kart clone I've ever seen. Must buy guys must buy. Or at least rent Wink
I The K Train I
I The K Train I

Back to top Go down

Post by Colham Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:53 am

I'm a member of a Transformers fan site, and that also has a video games forum. I just found out that the moderator of that forum (who is on my friends list, and I've played loads of different games with) actually works for SUMO Digital, the guys who developed Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing! crazy!

Colham
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down